Today is the auspicious 11.11.11
According to an enchanting friend and poet Jane Griffin, this is the day of unlost things, whatever happens in this day remains.
To celebrate, wild & grace are opening the cyber doors of its unconventional library to Aotearoa.
A full inventory of wild & grace’s small but enthusiastic collection will appear over the month of November, but to be the metaphor of trumpets playing a fanfare, follows Emily’s (trumpets on a hilltop please)
Top 11 books according to life on the 11.11.11 from
wild & grace’s unconventional library
1. Meeting the Shadow – The Hidden Power of the Dark Side of Human Nature
Edited by Connie Zweig and Jeremiah Abrams – Psychology
2. The Hero with a Thousand Faces – Joseph Campbell –Mythology/Philosophy
3. New Active Birth – Janet Balaskas – Birthing
4. The Art of Non-Conformity – Chris Guillebeau – Philosophy/Self-help
5. Caring for Infants with Respect – Magda Gerber – Parenting
6. A Little Book on the Human Shadow – Robert Bly – Psychology
7. The Breathing Book – Donna Farhi – Breathing
8. Dance with me in the Heart – Pennie Brownlee – Parenting
9. Women Who Run With The Wolves – Clarissa Pinkola Estes –Mythology/Psychology
10. Gosta Berling’s Saga – Selma Lagerloff – translated by Lillie Tudeer – Novel
11. The Wind-up Bird Chronicle – Haruki Murakami – Novel
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org when you would like to borrow an item.
Books and DVDs cost $2 per item + postage or wild & grace’s unconventional library membership costs $20 per annum + postage which can be paid via internet banking or cash deposit at the bank.
I’m not entirely sure how it works but if you’re a member of Good Reads you may be able to find my (under wild and grace) non self-conscious (i.e. not deliberated over) reviews of some of the above titles.
what else may you want to know?
wild & grace unconventional library operates online only, so you search for your books through a list and I post it to you and then you post it back in the pre-paid bag I provide.
why start an unconventional library?
I have just finished The Art of Non-Conformity. One of my dreams is to host a delicious library full of inspirational books something of the flavour of Pathfinder Bookshop and Unity Books stirred together. This delicious library dream was all enclosed in the bigger dream of hosting an unconventional university with a herb garden, tea house and view of the sea.
The thought unravelled as I read Chris Guillebeau’s paragraphs that I can start right away. Start this library right away. I have great great books, and you are great great people, who I’d love to share these great great words and ideas with.
So there and here we are.
e-mail: email@example.com when you’d like to borrow an item.
A full list of items will be found on this site by the arrival of December 2011.