Today is the auspicious 11.11.11
According to an enchanting friend and poet Jane Griffin, this is the day of unlost things, whatever happens in this day remains.
To celebrate, wild & grace are opening the cyber doors of its unconventional library to Aotearoa.
A full inventory of wild & grace’s small but enthusiastic collection will appear over the month of November, but to be the metaphor of trumpets playing a fanfare, follows Emily’s (trumpets on a hilltop please)
Top 11 books according to life on the 11.11.11 from
wild & grace’s unconventional library
1. Meeting the Shadow – The Hidden Power of the Dark Side of Human Nature
Edited by Connie Zweig and Jeremiah Abrams – Psychology
2. The Hero with a Thousand Faces – Joseph Campbell – Mythology/Philosophy
3. New Active Birth – Janet Balaskas – Birthing
4. The Art of Non-Conformity – Chris Guillebeau – Philosophy/Self-help
5. Caring for Infants with Respect – Magda Gerber – Parenting
6. A Little Book on the Human Shadow – Robert Bly – Psychology
7. The Breathing Book – Donna Farhi – Breathing
8. Dance with me in the Heart – Pennie Brownlee – Parenting
9. Women Who Run With The Wolves – Clarissa Pinkola Estes – Mythology/Psychology
10. Gosta Berling’s Saga – Selma Lagerloff – translated by Lillie Tudeer – Novel
11. The Wind-up Bird Chronicle – Haruki Murakami – Novel
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org when you would like to borrow an item.
Books and DVDs cost $2 per item + postage which can be paid via internet banking or cash deposit at the bank.
You will be able to read some reviews of books I have read (which may or may not be in the wild & grace library). These reviews are fairly non self-conscious (i.e. not deliberated over).
what else may you want to know?
wild & grace unconventional library operates online only, so you search for your books through a list and I post it to you and then you post it back in the pre-paid bag I provide.
why start an unconventional library?
I have just finished The Art of Non-Conformity. One of my dreams is to host a delicious library full of inspirational books something of the flavour of two New Zealand boutique booksellers – Pathfinder Bookshop and Unity Books stirred together. This delicious library dream is all enclosed in the bigger dream of hosting an unconventional ‘university’/learning centre with a herb garden, tea house and view of the sea.
The thought unravelled as I read Chris Guillebeau’s paragraphs that I can start right away. Start this library right away. I have great great books, and you are great great people, who I’d love to share these great great words and ideas with.
So there and here we are.
e-mail: email@example.com when you’d like to borrow an item.
A full list of items will be found on this site soon.